The Hobart District Nursing Service is one of Hobart’s oldest and best-loved philanthropic organisations.
The Hobart District Nursing Service is Committed to Care. This is reflected in our values of, Commitment, Equity, Excellence, Trust, Versatility and Transparency. We endeavour to support and care for people of all ages in their own home. We provide support to assist clients manage those daily activities that may have become challenging due to illness, frailty or disability.
Our nursing staff work as professionals in collaboration with other health care workers. The District Nurses are committed to the principles of primary health care for all and committed to improvement of service through evidence-based best practice.
The District Nurses is an autonomous not for profit organisation delivering the following services:
- Home Care Packages, to assist people to remain living at home; and to enable consumers to have choice and flexibility in the way that their aged care and support is provided.
- Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP), nursing and community care for people 65 yrs and over in Tasmania.
- Home and Community Care (HACC), nursing and community care for people 65 yrs and under in Tasmania.
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) and Veterans Home Care (VHC), nursing and community care for DVA gold card holders to all Tasmanians.
- The District Nurses Private Services, nursing and community care, care plans, health checks, corporate cleaning, respite, immunisation, brokered services to all ages for individuals and organisations state wide in Tasmania, at private rates.
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), approved providers to deliver nursing, personal care, participate in the community, house hold tasks, personal activities, group and centre activities.
- The District Nurses Community Clinic, offers a nurse practitioner, specialised health services and health and well being programs, the clinic is located in Moonah for the greater Hobart region.
- Social Centre, offers a range of social activities and day trips run from our office in Moonah.
GENERAL NURSING CARE