Employment with us
Employment with The District Nurses
Thank you for considering The District Nurses as your Employer. Prior to submitting your application, please read the following information.
The District Nurses operates statewide in Tasmania, with sites in Hobart, Launceston and Burnie. Each site offers a range of services and therefore has a variety of roles, including but not limited to the following;
- Registered Nurses
- Enrolled Nurses
- Community Support Workers
- Domestic Assistance
- Nurse Practitioners
- Care Coordinators
- Social Workers
- Project Clinical Specialist / Researchers
The District Nurses selection process is based on merit which means that each applicant is assessed on their suitability for the role based on the written application, the interview and the referee reports. This ensures that the best possible match is made between qualifications, knowledge, skills, abilities and relevant experience of the applicants, and the selection criteria outlined in the Position Description.
How to Apply
If you are looking for employment in any of the above mentioned areas or wish to apply for one of the vacant positions listed below, then please email the following;
- current resume
- cover letter
- a statement addressing each individual selection criteria (if requested)
- details of at least two referees (It is preferable that at least one of the referees has worked with you in the capacity of Supervisor or Manager.
* Please do not include original certificates/documents in your application.
Employment with The District Nurses is subject to the following mandatory requirements:
- Completion of a successful pre-employment medical
- A current National Police Check
- Current registration with AHPRA (for Registered, Enrolled Nurses and Nurse Practitioners)
- Minimum of Certificate III in Aged Care or Cert III in Home & Community Care (for Community Support Workers)
- Current membership with AASW (for Social Workers)
Current Vacant Positions – Position Descriptions
Click here – Exercise Physiologist – South
Click here – Community Nurse Navigator