- Operates Tuesday and Thursday. Fee for Service applies.
- Staffed by qualified foot care Registered Nurses.
- Clients receive basic foot care and where necessary can be referred on to a podiatrist or GP.
- All categories of wounds attended by Registered Nurses.
- Communication maintained with the GP regarding changing client needs.
- Clients with complex wounds will be referred for Nurse Practitioner review and specialist wound review if needed.
- Immunisations administered by qualified Nurse Immunisers.
- Annual Influenza immunisation program.
- Provision of all immunisations on the National Immunisation Register to children and adults.
- This service provides clinical leadership from an advanced nursing perspective
- It adds much value to existing community services and supports hospital avoidance initiatives.
- It integrates health care provision across residential care, acute care, subacute care and the community
- A Nurse Practitioner and Registered Nurse will be available 8am – 4.30pm Monday to Friday to provide comprehensive, client-centred care to people of all ages in the community.
- The clinic focuses on enhanced health promotion, disease prevention, chronic disease management and care coordination.
- A Nurse Practitioner will work with a multidisciplinary team and collaborate with specialists and GPs to improve access to specialist care.
- Access to the clinic is by GP referral, multidisciplinary service providers, hospitals, nurses, self or carer referrals.
For further information or appointment contact The District Nurses on (03) 6208 0500, 8:00am — 4:30pm.