HOME CARE PACKAGES
The District Nurses are an approved provider of Home care Packages in Tasmania.
The District Nurses provides home care packages across Tasmania.
Home Care Packages aim to:
- To assist people remain living at home; and
- To enable consumers to have choice and flexibility in the way that their aged care and support is provided.
There are four levels of home care packages:
- Level 1: Supports people with basic care needs.
- Level 2: Supports people with low level care needs.
- Level 3: Supports people with intermediate care needs.
- Level 4: Supports people with high care needs.
All of our home care package services focus on assisting you to remain healthy and independent at home and within your community.
Our Community Nurse Navigator will help you get the services that you want, delivered in the way you want.
Unlike other providers, The District Nurses will not charge you and exit fee should you need to change to another Home Care Package Provider.
Some of the services you can receive from The District Nurses Home Care Packages are:
- Nursing services
- Assistance with household tasks
- Help with showering and dressing
- Home maintenance
- Respite services
- Social support
- Assistance to appointments
- Medication assistance
- Shopping assistance
- Case management
- Meal preparation
- Care planning
- Continence management
- Staying Active Staying Independent wellness program
- End of Life care
- Nail care
- Purchase of health related products
To arrange an assessment for a Home Care Package please contact My Aged Care
Fees: You may be asked to contribute towards the cost of your care.
If you would like to access more information on what a Home Care Package through The District Nurses includes, please contact us.