YOUR RIGHTS AS A CLIENT
The District Nurses recognise that our clients and our staff have certain rights and responsibilities.
As a valued client, you have the right to except the following:
- To be treated with respect and dignity.
- To have your privacy and confidentiality maintained.
- For you and your carer to be involved in the decision and planning of your care.
- To be provided with quality nursing care based on your individual needs without discrimination.
- To request an interpreter should you need one.
- To be provided with information about available services and health-care options.
- To refuse or withhold your consent for care.
- To complain about service provision without fear of retribution.
- To be informed of what you can expect from the service, the costs involved, and how your personal data will be used.
If you would like more information please see the following links:
Advocacy Tasmania: http://www.advocacytasmania.org.au/
Department of Health & Human Services: http://www.dhhs.tas.gov.au/