THE DISTRICT NURSES COMMUNITY CLINIC
The District Nurses Community Clinic is available to all members of the community, treating minor illness and general health needs.
Bulk billing is available to pension or health care card holders, and no referral is required.
Appointments are available to any member of the public aged 16 years and over. For a clinic appointment please call (03) 6208 0551.
- Operates Tuesday and Thursday. Fee for Service applies.
- Staffed by qualified foot care Registered Nurses.
- Clients receive basic foot care and where necessary can be referred on to a podiatrist or GP.
- All categories of wounds attended by Registered Nurses.
- Communication maintained with the GP regarding changing client needs.
- Clients with complex wounds will be referred for Nurse Practitioner review and specialist wound review if needed.
- Immunisations administered by qualified Nurse Immunisers.
- Annual Influenza immunisation program.
- Provision of all immunisations on the National Immunisation Register to children and adults.
- This service provides clinical leadership from an advanced nursing perspective
- It adds much value to existing community services and supports hospital avoidance initiatives.
- It integrates health care provision across residential care, acute care, subacute care and the community
- A Nurse Practitioner and Registered Nurse are available 8am – 12.30pm Monday to Friday to provide comprehensive, client-centred care to people of all ages in the community at our clinic, and 1.00pm – 4.30pm home visits by appointment.
- The clinic focuses on minor injury and illness as well as enhanced health promotion, disease prevention, chronic disease management and care coordination.
- A Nurse Practitioner will work with a multidisciplinary team and collaborate with specialists and GPs to improve access to specialist care.
- Access to the clinic is by GP referral, multidisciplinary service providers, hospitals, nurses, self or carer referrals.
Refererals can be made by:
- A family member
- A friend
- A Carer
- Your GP
- Other health and welfare services
If you are not currently receiving services from us and you wish to enquire about your eligibility to do so, please contact The District Nurses Community Clinic on Ph:(03) 6208 0551, Fax:(03) 6272 2629 or click here